- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Monday, 21 October 2013
Love God and love the people around you.
The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.
And the second is, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these.
Below we observe, a beautiful divine/human moment in which Jesus responds in a totally human way while expressing the amazing love and grace of God. Jesus demonstrate 'Empathy' which is brings out the his feeling of compassion towards the mother's grief for her only son. Empathy is when we allow ourselves for a moment to feel what that person might be feeling.
11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”
14 Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.” 17 This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country.