Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Dives in Misericordia (Rich in Mercy)


Dives in Misericordia is the second encyclical by the Blessed Pope John Paul II in the third year of his papacy and was issued on 30 November, 1980. The letter is a beautiful exploration of a God who throughout history has shown himself 'rich in mercy'. Pope John Paul tells the story of God's mercy beginning with the Old Testament and God's love shown in the history of the chosen people of God, through to the ultimate act of mercy in sending His son Jesus, the Redeemer of man. 


The encyclical is divided into eight sections:
I. He who sees me sees the Father (cf. John 14:9)
  • The Revelation of Mercy 
  • The Incarnation of Mercy
II. The Messianic Message
  • When Christ Began To Do and To Teach
III. The Old Testament
  • The Concept of "Mercy" in the Old Testament
IV. The parable of the Prodigal Son
  • An Analogy
  • Particular Concentration on Human Dignity
V. The Paschal Mystery
  • Mercy Revealed in the Cross and Resurrection 
  • Love More Powerful Than Death, More Powerful Than Sin
  • Mother of Mercy
VI. "Mercy...from Generation to Generation"
  • An Image of Our Generation
  • Sources of Uneasiness
  • Is Justice Enough? 
VII. The Mercy of God in the Mission of the Church
  • The Church Professes the Mercy of God and Proclaims It
  • The Church Seeks To Put Mercy into Practice
VIII. The Prayer of the Church in our times
  • The Church Appeals to the Mercy of God


Complete document of the DIVES IN MISERICORDIA from the official Holy See site (www.vatican.va)

No comments:

Post a Comment