Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 13 February 2014

Saint Valentine, Christianity and Valentine's Day

1962 Missal of Blessed Pope John XXIII the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, today is the feast of Saint Valentine. Valentine, a priest of Rome, was martyred, it would appear, in about 270 AD. Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, so he outlawed marriage for young, unattached males. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, continued to perform marriages in secret for young lovers. Valentine's defiance was discovered, and Claudius ordered him put to death. Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation all because of his stand for Christian marriage. 
Pope Gelasius declared 14 February as Saint Valentine's Day around 498 AD, but the Roman Catholic Church dropped St. Valentine from the calendar of official, worldwide Catholic feasts in 1969. Saint Valentine has come to be known as the patron saint of lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment