- One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger.
- Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five - 3.1 million children each year.
- One out of six children -- roughly 100 million -- in developing countries are underweight.
- 870 million people in the world do not have enough to eat.
- Asia has the largest share of the world's hungry people (some 552 million).
- World Food Programme (WFP) calculates that US$3.2 billion is needed per year to reach all 66 million hungry school-age children.
- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Thursday, 13 February 2014
Pope Francis ~ call for end to world hunger through prayer and action
We should continue to take Pope Francis call to help end world hunger through our "Prayers and Actions" on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. Our devout prayer and thoughtful generosity will suffice to feed the nearly 1 billion people, mostly children, who struggle with hunger. You can make a difference right now.
If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.
~ * ~ Isaiah 58:10 ~ * ~
Together we are God's hands in the world, and we should raise your Catholic voice to end world hunger through 'prayer and action'. There is nothing impossible for God, and God will make all things possible. By our 'prayers and actions', definitely God will provide and give us a sight to the solution to end world hunger.
When we give, the Lord multiplies our giving so that all have enough. "If there is a will, what we have never ends. On the contrary, it abounds and never gets wasted," said Pope Francis. He also mentioned that we the people of the world should no longer turn away from the millions of people who are suffering from hunger. “I invite you to make space in your heart for this emergency of respecting the God-given rights of everyone to have access to adequate food. We share what we have in Christian charity with those who face numerous obstacles to satisfy such a basic need,” added Pope Francis.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
~ * ~ Matthew 25:35 ~ * ~
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
~ * ~ James 2:15-16 ~ * ~
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat.
~ * ~ Revelation 7:16 ~ * ~
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
~ * ~ Deuteronomy 15:11 ~ * ~
The "Food for All" Prayer
O God, you entrusted to us the fruits of all Creation so that we might care for the Earth and be nourished with its bounty.
You sent us your Son to share our very flesh and blood and to teach us your Law of Love.
Through His death and resurrection, we have been formed into one human family.
Jesus showed great concern for those who had no food—even transforming five loaves and two fish into a banquet that served five thousand and many more.
We come before you, O God, conscious of our faults and failures, but full of hope, to share food with all members in this global family.
Through your wisdom, inspire leaders of government and of business, as well as all the world’s citizens, to find just and charitable solutions to end hunger by assuring that all people enjoy the right to food.
Thus we pray, O God, that when we present ourselves for Divine Judgement, we can proclaim ourselves as “One Human Family” with “Food for All.”
We ask this through Christ our Lord. AMEN. †