Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

St. Vincent de Paul, Priest (Memorial)



Born: 24 April, 1581, Pouy, Guyenne and Gascony, France
Died: 27 September, 1660, Paris, France

St. Vincent de Paul was renowned for his compassion, humility and generosity and is known as the "Great Apostle of Charity". St. Vincent de Paul is the patron of all works of charity. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, a charitable organisation dedicated to the service of the poor, was established by French university students in 1833.

Beatified : 13 August 1729, Rome by Pope Benedict XIII
Canonized: 16 June 1737, Rome by Pope Clement XII

Friday, 27 September, 2013
St. Vincent de Paul, Priest (Memorial)

Reading
Haggai 2: 1 - 9
1in the seventh month, on the twenty-first day of the month, the word of the LORD came by Haggai the prophet,
2"Speak now to Zerub'babel the son of She-al'ti-el, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehoz'adak, the high priest, and to all the remnant of the people, and say,
3`Who is left among you that saw this house in its former glory? How do you see it now? Is it not in your sight as nothing?
4Yet now take courage, O Zerub'babel, says the LORD; take courage, O Joshua, son of Jehoz'adak, the high priest; take courage, all you people of the land, says the LORD; work, for I am with you, says the LORD of hosts,
5according to the promise that I made you when you came out of Egypt. My Spirit abides among you; fear not.
6For thus says the LORD of hosts: Once again, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land;
7and I will shake all nations, so that the treasures of all nations shall come in, and I will fill this house with splendor, says the LORD of hosts.
8The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts.
9The latter splendor of this house shall be greater than the former, says the LORD of hosts; and in this place I will give prosperity, says the LORD of hosts.'"

Psalm
Psalms 43: 1 - 4
1Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause against an ungodly people; from deceitful and unjust men deliver me!
2For thou art the God in whom I take refuge; why hast thou cast me off? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3Oh send out thy light and thy truth; let them lead me, let them bring me to thy holy hill and to thy dwelling!
4Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and I will praise thee with the lyre, O God, my God.

Gospel
Luke 9: 18 - 22
18Now it happened that as he was praying alone the disciples were with him; and he asked them, "Who do the people say that I am?"
19And they answered, "John the Baptist; but others say, Eli'jah; and others, that one of the old prophets has risen."
20And he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered, "The Christ of God."
21But he charged and commanded them to tell this to no one,
22saying, "The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised."

No comments:

Post a Comment