Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday 25 September 2013

St. Francis of Assisi, Deacon, Religious, Founder of the Three Orders (Solemnity)


Founder of the Franciscan Order
Born: 26 November, 1182, Assisi, Italy
Died: 3 October, 1226, Marche, Italy

“The peace of Saint Francis 
is the peace of Christ, 
and it is found by those 
who ‘take up’ their ‘yoke,’ 
namely, Christ’s commandment: 
Love one another as I have loved you. 
It is the peace of Christ, 
which is born of the greatest love of all, 
the love of the cross.

Francis was the son of a rich merchant, Bernardone, received a good education and began his early life as a confirmed sinner. Later on in his life Francis who was part in a battle between Assisi and Perugia, he was captured and imprisoned. During his life in captive Francis began receiving visions from God and upon his release from prison, Francis was instructed by voice of Christ, who told him to care for the his church and live a life of poverty. Francis set out on a mission to restore Jesus Christ's own, original values to the Church. With his incredible charisma, thousands of followers were soon drawn to him, listening to his sermons and joining in his way of life; his followers became known as Franciscan friars.

Francis received a vision that left him with the stigmata of Christ, markings resembling the crucifixion wounds Jesus Christ. Francis the first religious to receive the holy wounds of the stigmata. He was canonized as a saint on 16 July, 1228.


@@@@@@


Father Almighty, 
Your ways and purpose 
are often hidden from us. 
Guide me now and through 
the intercession of 
Saint Francis of Assisi, 
I beg You, in my sorrow, 
and by Your power, 
to let me know Your will 
regarding my special need 
(mention your request)
Amen.


@@@@@@


O God, by whose gift Saint Francis was conformed to Christ in poverty and humility, grant that, by walking in Francis' footsteps, we may follow your Son, and, through joyful charity, come to be united with you. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.


Friday, 4 October, 2013
St. Francis of Assisi, Deacon, Religious, Founder of the Three Orders (Solemnity)


Reading 1
Sirach 50: 1, 3 - 4, 6 - 7

1The leader of his brethren and the pride of his people was Simon the high priest, son of Onias, who in his life repaired the house, and in his time fortified the temple.
3In his days a cistern for water was quarried out, a reservoir like the sea in circumference.
4He considered how to save his people from ruin, and fortified the city to withstand a seige.
6Like the morning star among the clouds, like the moon when it is full;
7like the sun shining upon the temple of the Most High, and like the rainbow gleaming in glorious clouds;

Psalm
Psalms 16: 1 - 2, 5, 7 - 8, 11

1Preserve me, O God, for in thee I take refuge.
2I say to the LORD, "Thou art my Lord; I have no good apart from thee."
5The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; thou holdest my lot.
7I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
8I keep the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
11Thou dost show me the path of life; in thy presence there is fulness of joy, in thy right hand are pleasures for evermore.

Reading 2
Galatians 6: 14 - 18

14But far be it from me to glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16Peace and mercy be upon all who walk by this rule, upon the Israel of God.
17Henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen. 

Gospel
Matthew 11: 25 - 30

25At that time Jesus declared, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes;
26yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will.
27All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."





Let us be part of the army 
of the humble and poor in spirit 
so as to receive the wisdom 
given by the Father 
and bring joy 
to the Heart of Christ!





Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi
Assisi, Umbria, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment