Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great

Invoked for Souls in Purgatory and for Living Sinners
Our Lord told St. Gertrude the great, that the following prayer would release 1,000 Souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was extended to include living sinners which would alleviate the indebtedness accured to them during their lives.
 
"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."

Please recite the prayer as many times daily.

 
 
 



St. Gertrude the Great was born in Germany in 1263. She was a Benedictine nun, and mediated on the Passion of Christ, which many times brought floods of tears to her eyes. She did many penances, and Our Lord appeared to her many times. She was taken back by Our Lord to His heavanly kingdom in 1334.
 
Feast day on 16 November.
Patroness of Cloistered Nuns, Travellers, and the West Indies.
Other prayers of St.Gertrude the Great
 
Prayer to Our Lady, taught to St. Gertrude

O most chaste Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that unspotted purity wherewith thou didst prepare for the Son of God a dwelling of delight in thy virginal womb, that by thine intercession I may be cleansed by every stain of sin.

O most humble Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that most profound humility whereby thou didst merit to be raised high above all the choirs of the angels and the saints, that by thine intercession all my negligence may be expiated.

O most loving Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that ineffable love which united thee so closely and so inseparably to God, that by thine intercession I may obtain an abundance of all merits. Amen.
 
* * * * * *
 
Prayer to the Sacred Heart, written by St. Gertrude
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life, Your Heart is a glowing furnace of Love. You are my refuge and my sanctuary.

O my adorable and loving Savior, consume my heart with the burning fire with which Yours is aflamed. Pour down on my soul those graces which flow from Your love. Let my heart be united with Yours. Let my will be conformed to Yours in all things. May Your Will be the rule of all my desires and actions. Amen.
 
* * * * * *
 
Prayer to Our Lady, taught to St. Gertrude
O most chaste Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that unspotted purity wherewith thou didst prepare for the Son of God a dwelling of delight in thy virginal womb, that by thine intercession I may be cleansed by every stain of sin.
O most humble Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that most profound humility whereby thou didst merit to be raised high above all the choirs of the angels and the saints, that by thine intercession all my negligence may be expiated.
O most loving Virgin Mary, I beseech thee by that ineffable love which united thee so closely and so inseparably to God, that by thine intercession I may obtain an abundance of all merits. Amen.

* * * * * * 


"It was revealed to St. Gertrude that reading and meditating on the Passion are far more useful and efficacious than all other spiritual exercises. As those who handle flour cannot avoid contracting some whiteness, so no one, however imperfect his devotion may be, can occupy his mind with the Passion of Our Lord without receiving some benefit therefrom. And, however cold and lukewarm our devotion, Our Lord will look upon us with greater long-suffering and mercy if we never omit the memory of His Passion."
(Taken from St. Gertrude the Great, Tan Books, 1976.)
 
No.1 
O Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal sweetness and jubilee of those who love Thee, remember all the presentiment of grief Thou didst endure from the moment of Thy conception, and especially at Thy entrance into Thy Passion, when Thou didst say: "My soul is sorrowful even unto death"; and when, by reason of Thy overwhelming dread and anguish and grief, Thou didst sweat, as it were, drops of Blood trickling down upon the ground. Remember all the bitterness of Thy sorrow when Thou wast seized upon by the Jews, accused by false witnesses, condemned by Thy three judges, buffeted and smitten, spit upon, scourged, and crowned with thorns. O sweetest Jesus, I implore Thee, by all the sorrows and insults Thou didst endure, have mercy on me, a sinner. Amen.

No.2
O Jesus, paradise of the delights of God, remember now all the dread and sorrow Thou didst endure when Pilate pronounced on Thee sentence of death; when the godless soldiers laid the heavy Cross on Thy Shoulders, and fastened Thee thereon with rude and blunted nails, cruelly stretching Thy sacred Limbs so that all Thy Bones could be numbered; I beseech Thee, vouchsafe to pronounce a merciful sentence on me in the day of judgment, and deliver me from all punishment. Amen.
 
No.3
O Jesus, Heavenly Physician, remember now the languor and the pain Thou didst endure when lifted upon the Cross, when all Thy Bones were out of joint, so that no sorrow was like to Thy sorrow, because, from the sole of Thy Foot to the top of Thy Head, there was no soundness in Thee; when, notwithstanding, Thou didst put away the feeling of all Thine own griefs, and pray to Thy Father for Thine enemies, saying: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." By this, Thy charity and Thy mercy, grant that the dignity and worth of Thy Passion may be the entire remission of all my sins. Amen.
 
No.4
O Jesus, mirror of the eternal splendor, remember now that sadness which filled Thy Heart when Thou didst behold in the mirror of Thy Divinity the reprobation of the wicked and the multitude of the lost; and by the depth of the compassion Thou didst show to the robber on the cross, saying: "This day thou shalt be with Me in paradise," I beseech Thee, O compassionate Jesus, show me Thy mercy in the hour of my death. Amen.
 
 
No.5
O Jesus, King most beloved, remember now the mournful desolation of Thy Heart, when Thou, forsaken by all, wert mocked as Thou didst hang on the Cross; when Thou didst find none to comfort Thee but Thy beloved Mother, who stood by Thy Cross to the last, and whom Thou didst commend to Thy disciple, saying: "Woman, behold thy son," and to the disciple: "Behold thy Mother." I beseech Thee, O compassionate Jesus, by that sword of anguish which then pierced her heart, do Thou condole with me and console me in all my tribulations. Amen.

No.6
O Jesus, inexhaustible fountain of pity, remember now that bitterness which Thou didst endure when, Thy strength being exhausted and Thy sacred Body dried up, Thou didst feel that burning thirst, and hadst not one drop of water to cool Thy parched Tongue, but only vinegar upon hyssop; I beseech Thee that Thou wouldst extinguish in me the thirst of carnal concupiscence and worldy delights. Amen. 

No.7
O Jesus, mighty King, remember now that when Thou wast plunged into the bitter waters of Thy Passion until they closed over Thy Head, Thou wast forsaken and didst cry out with a loud voice, saying: "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" By this Thine anguish and dereliction, I beseech Thee, forsake me not in my last agony. Amen.
  
No.8
O Jesus, strong Lion of the tribe of Juda, remember now the sorrow and the woe Thou didst endure, when all the forces of Thy Heart and of Thy Flesh failed Thee utterly, and Thou didst bow Thy Head and cry: "It is consummated." By this Thine anguish and Thy woe, have mercy on me at the end of my life, when my soul shall be troubled, and my spirit disquieted within me. Amen. 

No.9
O Jesus, splendor of the Father's glory and figure of His substance, remember now that earnest commendation with which Thou didst commend Thy Spirit to the Father, saying: "Father, into Thy Hands I commend My Spirit!" and when, Thy most sacred Body being torn and Thy Heart broken, and all the bowels of Thy compassion laid bare for our Redemption, Thou didst give up Thy Spirit; I beseech Thee, the Life of all that live, to submit to death, that Thou wouldst mortify and kill in my soul whatever is displeasing to Thee. Amen. 
 
No.10
O Jesus, true and fruitful Vine, remember now the lavish, the excessive profusion wherewith Thou didst shed Thy Precious Blood, when on the Cross Thou didst tread the winepress alone, and wast crushed as a cluster of ripe grapes; when Thou didst give us water and Blood from Thy pierced Side, so that not one drop remained in Thy Heart. Then wast Thou hung up as a bundle of myrrh, and Thy tender Flesh grew pale, and Thy moisture was all dried up within Thee, and the marrow of Thy bones consumed. By this Thy most bitter Passion, and by the shedding of Thy most Precious Blood, I beseech Thee, O most loving Jesus, wash my soul at the hour of my death with the water which flowed from Thy Sacred Side, and adorn it with comeliness in the Precious Blood of Thy sweetest Heart, and render it acceptable in Thy Sight in the fragrant odor of Thy Divine Love. Amen.
 
 
Oblation
Accept, O compassionate Jesus, this my prayer with that exceeding love wherewith Thou didst endure a bitter Death, and didst offer it, together with all the fruit of Thy most sacred Humanity, to God the Father on the day of Thine ascension; and by the depth of those Wounds which scarred Thy flesh and pierced Thy Hands and Feet and Heart, I beseech Thee, raise me up, who am steeped and sunk in sin, and render me well-pleasing to Thee in all things. Amen.
 
* * * * * *
The Litany of St. Gertrude the Great
Antiphon:
Lord Jesus! In union with that love which drew Thee down upon earth and caused Thee to fulfill the work of our Redemption, I offer Thee this prayer:

Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy, Christ, hear us.Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, have mercy on us.

Holy, Mary, pray for us.
All ye holy choirs of Angels, pray for us.
All ye Saints and Elect of God, pray for us.
Saint Gertrude, pray for us.
Thou chaste virgin, pray for us.
Thou beloved daughter of the Heavenly Father, pray for us.
Thou chosen bride of Jesus Christ, pray for us.
Thou temple of the Holy Ghost, pray for us.
Thou joy of the Holy Trinity, pray for us.
Thou fragrant flower in the hand of Jesus Christ, pray for us.
Thou ever-blooming spring flower, Thou rose without thorns, pray for us.
Thou chaste dove without the stain of sin, pray for us.
Thou earthly seraph, pray for us.
Thou living sanctuary, pray for us.
Thou strong protection of all who venerate thee, pray for us.

Jesus Christ, Spouse of Saint Gertrude, have mercy on us.
Through her humility, have mercy on us.
Through her charity, have mercy on us.
Through her untiring patience, have mercy on us.
Through the ardent love she bore Thee, have mercy on us.
Through the delight with which Thou didst dwell in her heart, have mercy on us.
Through the love which Thou hast for her, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou hast chosen her from eternity, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou didst so sweetly attract her to Thyself, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou so delightfully didst unite her to Thyself, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou so complacently dwelt in her heart, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou didst end her life with a happy death, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou hast conferred on her eternal life, have mercy on us.
Through the love with which Thou lovest and rejoicest all the blessed, have mercy on us.

Jesus Christ, have mercy on us.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.

V. Pray for us, O holy virgin Saint Gertrude,
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let Us Pray: O Lord Jesus, by the love Thou didst bear to the virginal heart of Saint Gertrude and by which Thou hast promised that no sinner who would honor and love her should die a sudden and unprovided death, grant me, I beseech Thee, this grace, and let me so love Thee and repent of my sins that with faith and confidence I may expect a happy death. Amen.
O God, Who in the heart of the holy virgin Gertrude didst provide for Thyself a pleasing abode, through her merits do Thou cleanse from our hearts every stain of sin and grant that we may enjoy fellowship with her for evermore, through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.
 
* * * * * *
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment