Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 18 October 2012

World Mission Sunday

World Mission Sunday is celebrated on the second last Sunday in October annualy. On this day Catholics worldwide to recommit themselves to the Church's missionary activity through prayer and sacrifice.  "Go therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19).  As Pope John Paul II said , World Mission Sunday is “an important day in the life of the Church because it teaches how to give: as an offering made to God, in the Eucharistic celebration and for all the missions of the world.” (Redemptoris Missio 81).

It reminds us to have an attitude of responsibility for all to be missionaries through our prayers, our good works and financial contributions. Mission must be the passion of every Christian, a passion for the salvation of the world and a passionate commitment to work for the coming of the Father's kingdom. Pray and reflect upon how we can become more involved in this call to be missionary, as the baptized People of God.


Jesus the Missionary

Jesus was a missionary. As the Word of God, he is the light of all nations. As the Word made flesh, he brought God's own life into our midst. Before returning to the Father, he sent the Church to continue the mission given him by the Father and empowered her with his Spirit: "As the Father has sent me, so I send you" (Jn 20:21).
Taken from To the Ends of the Earth: A Pastoral Statement on World Mission.


The Missionary Church

The Church, therefore, is missionary by her very nature. She continues the mission of the Son and the mission of the Holy Spirit by proclaiming to the ends of the earth the salvation Christ offers those who believe in him. We are faithful to the nature of the Church to the degree that we love and sincerely promote her missionary activity.
Taken from To the Ends of the Earth: A Pastoral Statement on World Mission.


The Church's mission is to proclaim the salvation of Christ to the ends of the earth.

Let us ask the Lord to help us rediscover the importance of nourishing ourselves not only with bread, but with truth, love, Christ, the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment