- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Thursday, 27 March 2014
What is temptation?
Temptation is an attraction to commit sin.
Can you always overcome temptation?
Yes, because no temptation can force you into sin, and God will always help you.
"And God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that which you are able: but will make also with temptation issue, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
What should you do when you are tempted?
First, ask God to help you, and then, get busy doing something else.
"And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil." (Matthew 6:13).
How can you avoid temptations?
Avoid all persons, places or things that may lead you into sin, and ask God for actual graces.
What are actual graces?
They are "helps" from God which enlighten the mind and strengthen the will to do good and avoid evil.
"My grace is sufficient for thee: for power is made perfect in infirmity." (2 Corinthians 12:9).
Actual graces come and go, but Sanctifying Grace remains in the soul. Sanctifying Grace is LIFE, actual grace is HELP.
The temptation cycle