- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Wednesday, 26 March 2014
The Hebrews, the Israelite and the Jews
Hebrew are the descendants of Abrahams forefather Eber, which includes Abraham.
Israelites are the descendants of Abraham through his son Israel (Jacob). Israel was the name God gave to Jacob when he wrestled with an angel to get a blessing.
Jews (Jewish people) are member of the tribe of Judah and kingdom of Judah. They are “Judahite”, or a descendant of Judah, the fourth son of Jacob and grandson of Abraham.
Psalm 114:25: "Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion."
Israel were to inherit the dominion of God’s Kingdom, whilst Judah, as the Lord’s sanctuary, was to provide the King over that dominion.
The word “Israel” was not even mention prior to Jacob given the name “Israel” in Genesis 32:28 and thereafter his descendants were known as Israelites. "Jew" or "men of Judah" was first mentioned in 2 Kings 16:6.
The northern House of Israel, which came from Joseph, and the southern House of Judah, which came from Judah, each had their God -appointed tasks and destinies to fulfil in kingship of our Lord Jesus Christ, was to come from and through Judah. Therefore, the prophets displayed meticulous care in addressing “The House of Israel”, “The House of Judah”, and “The inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Jews.”