- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Friday, 26 April 2013
Don’t be afraid, come to me and I will give you rest
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Don’t be afraid to pray to God for relief of your burdens. If relief is not in sight, ask Him for the graces you need to endure in these troubled times.
We can trust in God to hear our prayers and give us the graces we need in troubled times if we ask Him sincerely and with perseverance.
Our Lord did indeed ask us in the Gospels to take up our crosses and follow Him. Jesus wants us to share our worries and troubled times with Him in prayer, to offer them up to Him for the good of our souls.
Our faith teaches us not to consider our sufferings to be meaningless. If we ask for our Lord’s help to get us through troubled times He can indeed strengthen us, give us more compassion for others, and focus us on what’s really important: His will for us, His love for us, and how we reflect that love in how we treat each other.