- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Friday, 23 December 2016
What then will this child be?
Are you surprised to see the relatives of Zechariah and Elizabeth disagreeing over what to name their newborn child?
Don't we do the same thing? This child, however has been named from above! And Elizabeth is firm in her faith and determined to see that God be glorified through this child. The name John means "the Lord is gracious." In the birth of John the Baptist and in the birth of Jesus the Messiah we see the grace and favor of God breaking forth into a world broken by sin, corruption, and death - a world lost without hope.
The Old Testament prophets foretold the return of the prophet Elijah (Malachi 3:1, and 4:5) who would announce the coming of the Messiah - the Savior and Ruler of the earth. John the Baptist fulfills the role of Elijah (Matthew 11:13-14). His miraculous birth shows the mercy and favor of God in preparing his people for the coming of its Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
When God acts to save us he graciously fills us with his Holy Spirit and makes our faith come "alive" to his promises. When we respond to his word with trust the Lord fills us with the joy of the Holy Spirit and renews our hope and gratitude for the mercy and gift of new life and salvation he gives us through Jesus Christ. Do you make your life an offering of thanksgiving to God, along with your family and all that you have and hope to accomplish? God wants to fill us with the joy of his saving presence all the days of our lives, from birth through death. Renew the offering of your life to God and give him thanks for his mercy and favor towards you.
Lord Jesus, you are gracious and forgiving towards us. Renew in me the gift of faith that I may believe your promises and obey your word.
source: From the desk of Don Schwager,
hosted by Kairos Europe and the Middle East