Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Saint Paschal Baylon, OFM, Religious (Memorial) ~ 17 May


Paschal was born on 16 May, 1540 which was the feast of Pentecost in the town of Torre Hermosa, Aragon, Spain. He was named Paschal in honour of Pascua de Pentecosta (the Paschal or Easter Feast of Pentecost). His father Martin Baylon and mother Elizabeth Jubera were poor in worldly goods but rich in piety and Christian virtue. The child appeared to be endowed with all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in an eminent degree. He was joyfully attentive and obedient to the good lessons his parents taught him, and he so excelled other children of his age in understanding of the divine truths and zeal for virtue that everybody marveled at it. His mother was a deeply religious woman, she took him to Mass in the parish church, and from then on Paschal fell in love with the Blessed Sacrament.
In his early life, Paschal laboured as a shepherd for his father, performed miracles, and was distinguished for his austerity. He also taught himself to read by asking passersby to teach him the alphabet and to read, and as he toiled in the fields as a shepherd, he would read religious books. Receiving a vision which told him to enter a nearby Franciscan community, he became a Franciscan lay brother of the Alcantrine reform in 1564. On the road, while gathering alms, Paschal of Baylon always had his rosary in his hand and God in his heart. Paschal fostered special devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, whom he called his Mother, and to the Blessed Sacrament, and it proved a constant means to rekindle his zeal. God showed how pleased He was with his devotion. One day while out-of-doors, Paschal of Baylon devoutly knelt down to adore the Blessed Sacrament when the bell announced the Consecration. At that moment the Blessed Sacrament was presented to him in a monstrance supported by angels hovering in the air. Paschal of Baylon was frequently found before the tabernacle prostrate or with his arms outstretched, or even rapt in ecstasy. Paschal of Baylon was known for his administrations to the poor and for his many miraculous cures.
Paschal died on 17 May, 1592 at a friary in Villareal, people flocked to his tomb immediately after his burial and miracles were reported promptly. Pascal was beatified in 1618 by Pope Paul V and was canonized in 16 October, 1690 by Pope Alexander VIII. In 1897 Pope Leo XIII declared Saint Paschal of Baylon patron of all eucharistic confratemities and congresses. He is also the patron of shepherds and cooks. Saint Paschal of Baylon is usually depicted in adoration before a vision of the Eucharist.

"Seek God above all things. It is right for you to seek God before and above everything else, because the majesty of God wishes you to receive what you ask for. This will also make you more ready to serve God and will enable you to love him more perfectly" 
~ * ~ Saint Paschal of Baylon ~ * ~


Saturday, 17 May, 2014
St. Paschal Baylon, OFM, Religious (Memorial)


Reading
Acts 13: 44 - 52
44The next sabbath almost the whole city gathered together to hear the word of God.
45But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with jealousy, and contradicted what was spoken by Paul, and reviled him.
46And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, `I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth.'"
48And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of God; and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
49And the word of the Lord spread throughout all the region.
50But the Jews incited the devout women of high standing and the leading men of the city, and stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and drove them out of their district.
51But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and went to Ico'nium.
52And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

Psalm
Psalms 98: 1 - 4
1O sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory.
2The LORD has made known his victory, he has revealed his vindication in the sight of the nations.
3He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God.
4Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!

Gospel
John 14: 7 - 14
7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him."
8Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied."
9Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'?
10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves.
12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.
13Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son;
14if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

1 comment:

  1. My Name is Martha from Ohio USA, i was so surprise when i found that HSV 1&2 could be cured with Dr Oyagu herbal remedy, this disease almost destroy my face, and my mouth with sores. i took many traditional medicine here in Taxes , but none could work. even visited my mother village in South Africa still couldn't find a cure, but i was so surprise that after contacting Dr Oyagu . And after done discussing with him i was cured with his herbal in 2 weeks. i confirmed his good work by my test result, do not delay to contact this true healer. Dr Oyagu is able to help you in any challenges, HIV AIDS, HEPATITIS B, COLD SORES, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, BRAIN TUMOR, ACUTE BRONCHITIS And so many more. For more details Call or what app: +2348101755322 or Email: oyaguherbalhegmail.com. and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, Als, Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV, Infections, ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete