Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday 14 June 2013

Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles (Solemnity) - La Festa di San Pietro e Paolo


The Catholic Church celebrates the feast day of Sts. Peter and Paul on the 29 June. Sts. Peter and Paul are the foundations of the early church now the See of Rome, through their preaching, ministry and martyrdom there. Sts. Peter and Paul are at the origin of her faith and will forever remain as her protectors and guide.


Peter from Bethsaida on the Sea of Galilee, who was named Simon, was a fisherman of Galilee and was brought to Jesus by his brother Andrew and Jesus gave Simon the name Cephas (Petrus in Latin and Kephas in Hebrew), which means ‘Rock,’ as he was to become the rock upon which Christ would build His Church. He was the first among the disciples to recognize that Jesus was “the Messiah, the Son of the living God,” and eagerly pledged his fidelity until death. He is the one who had little faith when walking on water when Christ called him and also the one who denies knowing Jesus three times before the cock crows the night of Christ passion.
Peter was chosen to shepherd God's flock as in the Acts of the Apostles is written of his role as chief shepherd of the Church after the Resurrection and Ascension of Christ and he delivered the first sermon on Pentecost where he received the first Gentiles into the Church. Peter became the first Pope. St. Peter spent his last years in Rome, leading the Church through persecution and eventually being martyred under Nero, in A.D. 66 or 67. He was crucified upside-down at his own request, because he claimed he was not worthy to die as his Lord. He was buried on Vatican hill, and St. Peter's Basilica is built over his tomb.

St. Paul was born at Tarsus in the Roman province of Silicia, the son of Jewish parents who belonged to the tribe of Benjamin and he is known as the Apostle of the Gentiles. His letters are included in the writings of the New Testament, and through them we learn much about his life and the faith of the early Church.
He was Saul before receiving the name Paul, a Jewish pharisee who zealously persecuted Christians in Jerusalem and he was was present at the stoning martyrdom of St. Stephen. Saul's conversion (25 January marks the Conversion of St. Paul) took place on the road to Damascus to persecute the Christian there. As he was traveling a great light from heaven suddenly surrounded and blinded him. He fell off his horse and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” He answered: “Who are you, Lord?” and the voice answered “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.”. Saul then continued to Damascus, where his sight was restored and he was baptized where he took the name Paul. Barnabas introduced him to the Christian community and brought him to the newly founded Christian community at Antioch where spent the remainder of his life preaching the Gospel tirelessly to the Gentiles of the Mediterranean world.
Paul was imprisoned and taken to Rome, where he was beheaded in the via Ostia in the year A.D. 66. He was buried in Rome in the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls. His fourteen letters are a precious legacy and they afford a deep insight into a great soul.

“Both the apostles share the same feast day, for these two were one; and even though they suffered on different days, they were as one. Peter went first, and Paul followed. And so we celebrate this day made holy for us by the apostles' blood. Let us embrace what they believed, their life, their labors, their sufferings, their preaching, and their confession of faith.”
~ St. Augustine of Hippo @ Sermon in the year 395 ~



Saturday, June 29, 2013
Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles (Solemnity)


Reading 1
Acts 12: 1 - 11

1About that time Herod the king laid violent hands upon some who belonged to the church.
2He killed James the brother of John with the sword;
3and when he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded to arrest Peter also. This was during the days of Unleavened Bread.
4And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people.
5So Peter was kept in prison; but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.
6The very night when Herod was about to bring him out, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison;
7and behold, an angel of the Lord appeared, and a light shone in the cell; and he struck Peter on the side and woke him, saying, "Get up quickly." And the chains fell off his hands.
8And the angel said to him, "Dress yourself and put on your sandals." And he did so. And he said to him, "Wrap your mantle around you and follow me."
9And he went out and followed him; he did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision.
10When they had passed the first and the second guard, they came to the iron gate leading into the city. It opened to them of its own accord, and they went out and passed on through one street; and immediately the angel left him.
11And Peter came to himself, and said, "Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting."

Psalm
Psalms 34: 2 - 9

2My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and be glad.
3O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
4I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
6This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
8O taste and see that the LORD is good! Happy is the man who takes refuge in him!
9O fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no want!

Reading 2
2 Timothy 4: 6 - 8, 17 - 18

6For I am already on the point of being sacrificed; the time of my departure has come.
7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
17But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength to proclaim the message fully, that all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth.
18The Lord will rescue me from every evil and save me for his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Gospel
Matthew 16: 13 - 19

13Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesare'a Philip'pi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?"
14And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Eli'jah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment