Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Nativity of Saint John the Baptist (Solemnity)


Luke 1:76-77
76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest;
For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,
77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people
By the remission of their sins,

In this solemnity we celebrate the miraculous birth of John the Baptist, a prophet who foretold and prepared a the way for the coming of the Messiah in the person of Jesus, whom he later baptised. John was cleansed of original sin in the womb of his mother, Elizabeth. God has brought John, the greatest of prophets, to prepare the way of Jesus the Messiah. His call to repentance and baptism formed a faithful remnant that awaited the coming of the Messiah. His Baptism, he said, was for repentance. But One would come who would baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire. John is not worthy even to carry his sandals. His attitude toward Jesus was: “He must increase; I must decrease” John was humbled to find among the crowd of sinners who came to be baptized the one whom he already knew to be the Messiah. In Luke 7:28, "I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”, where Jesus declares John the greatest of all those who had preceded him.

The Nativity of St John the Baptist on 24 June comes three months after the celebration on 25 March of the Annunciation, when the Archangel Gabriel told Our Lady that her cousin Elizabeth was in her sixth month of pregnancy.



Luke 1:5-25

The Birth of John the Baptist Foretold
5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. 6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. 7 But they were childless because Elizabeth was not able to conceive, and they were both very old.

8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”

19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20 And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”

21 Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. 22 When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

23 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. 24 After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. 25 “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favour and taken away my disgrace among the people.”




Grant, we pray, almighty God, that your family may walk in the way of salvation and, attentive to what Saint John the Precursor urged, may come safely to the One he foretold, our Lord Jesus Christ, Who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.

Monday, June 24, 2013
The Nativity of St. John the Baptist (Solemnity)


Reading 1
Isaiah 49: 1 - 6

1Listen to me, O coastlands, and hearken, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name.
2He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me away.
3And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified."
4But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the LORD, and my recompense with my God."
5And now the LORD says, who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, and that Israel might be gathered to him, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength --
6he says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."

Psalm
Psalms 139: 1 - 3, 13 - 15

1O LORD, thou hast searched me and known me!
2Thou knowest when I sit down and when I rise up; thou discernest my thoughts from afar.
3Thou searchest out my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
13For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb.
14I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well;
15my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth.

Reading 2
Acts 13: 22 - 26

22And when he had removed him, he raised up David to be their king; of whom he testified and said, `I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.'
23Of this man's posterity God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, as he promised.
24Before his coming John had preached a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
25And as John was finishing his course, he said, `What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. No, but after me one is coming, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.'
26"Brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you that fear God, to us has been sent the message of this salvation.

Gospel
Luke 1: 57 - 66, 80

57Now the time came for Elizabeth to be delivered, and she gave birth to a son.
58And her neighbors and kinsfolk heard that the Lord had shown great mercy to her, and they rejoiced with her.
59And on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they would have named him Zechari'ah after his father,
60but his mother said, "Not so; he shall be called John."
61And they said to her, "None of your kindred is called by this name."
62And they made signs to his father, inquiring what he would have him called.
63And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, "His name is John." And they all marveled.
64And immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, blessing God.
65And fear came on all their neighbors. And all these things were talked about through all the hill country of Judea;
66and all who heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, "What then will this child be?" For the hand of the Lord was with him.
80And the child grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the wilderness till the day of his manifestation to Israel.




No comments:

Post a Comment