Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Sunday 30 June 2013

Saints Joachim and Anne, Parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Memorial)


Feast is celebrated on 26 July.

In the second century writing of the Proto-gospel of James; the “Protoevangelium of James,” describes Mary's parent Anna ("Hannah" which means grace") from Bethlehem and Joachim from Nazareth as a wealthy and pious memberthe tribe of Judah of the royal house of David, of one of the Twelve Tribes of Israel. Joachim was deeply grieved, along with his wife Anna, by their childlessness. Joachim called to mind Abraham that in the last day God gave him a son Isaac. The Joachim's and Anne's faith and perseverance brought them through the sorrow of childlessness till the joy of being chosen by God in conceiving and raising the immaculate and sinless Mary who would give birth to our Saviour Jesus, the Son of God. Therefore, St Joachim and St Anne were the parents of Mary and the grandparents of Jesus.
Among Catholics, there is greater devotion to St Anne as compared to St Joachim but devotion to both of them shows respect for the family. St Joachim and St Anne are the patron saints of grandparents and infertile couples.


St Anne and St Joachim 
is glorious among the Saints, 
not only as the parent of Mary, 
but by their vow they gave Mary to God.



O Lord, God of our Fathers, 
who bestowed on Saints Joachim and Anne this grace, 
that of them should be born 
the Mother of your incarnate Son, 
grant, through the prayers of both, 
that we may attain the salvation 
you have promised to your people.

St Joachim and St Anne, pray for us!


Friday, 26 July, 2013
Saints Joachim and Anne, Parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Memorial)

Reading
Sirach 44: 1, 10 - 15

1Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers in their generations.
10But these were men of mercy, whose righteous deeds have not been forgotten;
11their prosperity will remain with their descendants, and their inheritance to their children's children.
12Their descendants stand by the covenants; their children also, for their sake.
13Their posterity will continue for ever, and their glory will not be blotted out.
14Their bodies were buried in peace, and their name lives to all generations.
15Peoples will declare their wisdom, and the congregation proclaims their praise.

Psalm
Psalms 132: 11, 13 - 14, 17 - 18

11The LORD swore to David a sure oath from which he will not turn back: "One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne.
13For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his habitation:
14"This is my resting place for ever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
17There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
18His enemies I will clothe with shame, but upon himself his crown will shed its luster."

Gospel
Matthew 13: 16 - 17

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.
17Truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment