Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Saints Jacques Chastan and Laurent Imbert


"Bonus pastor ponit animam suam pro ovibus suis"
The good shepherd gives his life for his sheep

Martyrs of Korea.
Memorial celebrated on 20 September.



Saints Jacques Honoré Chastán and Laurent Marie Joseph Imbert are martyrs saints.

Saint Jacques Chastan was with Paris Society of Missions from 1827. Served as missionary in Thailand, Malaysia and lastly Korea from 1836. Live and work in secret for 2 years together with Saint Lawrence Imbert, Saint Peter Maubant and Saint Paul Chong Hasang in spreading Christianity and was arrested on 6 September 1839. Beaten and beheaded on 21 September 1839 at Saenamteo, Seoul, South Korea. Venerated to decree of martyrdom on 9 May 1925 and beatified on 5 July 1925 by Pope Pius XI. Finally canonized by Pope John Paul II in Korea  on 6 May 1984.

Saint Laurent Imbert was with the Foreign Mission Seminary, Paris in 1818. Served as missionary in China, Indochina (now Vietnam), and Korea.  Arrested in 1839 with two other missionary priest, Saint Jacques Chastan and Saint Peter Maubant. They where tortured and martyred for the crime of evangelization.


Extracts of two letters.
1) " (...) In spite of the danger of death, the number of Christians multiplies daily. The harvest has not been less abundant this year than last year. I had about 1100 baptisms, my confrere 1400. I have received many consolation in this second pastoral visit: it has been for me and those poor spiritual children a great joy to meet once more. I found them better instructed in religion, more fervent in the service of the Lord, having kept quite faithfully the grace of the sacraments... I have to travel about 1500 km, mostly through places covered with snow, with ice, over the mountains. All this is little when we think of what Our Lord endured for our souls. How sweet it is to be able to suffer something in gratitude to His infinite love..."
(St. Chastan, to his parents, October 3, 1838)

2) On August 23, 1839, the 2 French Missionaries received this note from their now-captured bishop, (Saint) Mgr. Imbert: "Bonus pastor ponit animam suam pro ovibus suis. Si nondum estis profecti per cymbam, venite cum misso Son Kie Tsong -- The good shepherd gives his life for his sheep. If you haven’t yet left by boat, come with the envoy Son Kie Tsong."
Based on Wikipedia the meaning of Martyr and Saint respectively as follows :
A martyr is somebody who suffers persecution and death for refusing to renounce, or accept, a belief or cause, usually religious.
A saint is someone who has been identified as having an exceptional degree of holiness or sanctity.

Martyrs are those who deliberately make sacrifices or suffer greatly, in order to advance a cause or strongly held belief, this normally involves an individual choosing to die, rather than deny their faith.

Saint are those who in ther livehood was a true christian, sanctified by God, dedicated life to the to Gods service and eminent to piety/virtue. They are canonized and given the title Saint after their death.


Chapel of Sts Jacques Chastan & Laurent Imbert (1995)
106A Jalan Kurau, Taman Chai Leng,
13700 Perai, Seberang Perai Tengah, Pulau Pinang
T: 04-3249635



Reading, Psalm and Gospel for 20 September, 2012

Reading
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
1 Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand,
2 by which you are saved, if you hold it fast -- unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures,
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures,
5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God which is with me.
11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.


Psalm
Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 28
1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his steadfast love endures for ever!
2 Let Israel say, "His steadfast love endures for ever."
16 the right hand of the LORD is exalted, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!"
17 I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the LORD.
28 Thou art my God, and I will give thanks to thee; thou art my God, I will extol thee.

Gospel
Luke 7:36-50
36 One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house, and took his place at table.
37 And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment,
38 and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw it, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner."
40 And Jesus answering said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." And he answered, "What is it, Teacher?"
41 "A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
42 When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Now which of them will love him more?"
43 Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, to whom he forgave more." And he said to him, "You have judged rightly."
44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.
46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
48 And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
49 Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?"
50 And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."



No comments:

Post a Comment