Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday 24 September 2012

Novena of the 24 Glory Be to the Fathers


The "Glory be to the Father" praising the Holy Trinity is said 24 times each of the nine days of novena. It is said, in thanksgiving for all the blessings and favors given to Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus during the 24 years of her life (1873 - 1897).

This novena can be said at any time, but 9th to the 17th of any month is best, for on those days the petitioner joins in prayer with all the novena makers (add our own intention to the intentions of all who are at that time making the novena, thus creating one great prayer in togetherness)



Firstly recite this prayer

"Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, I thank Thee for all the blessings and favors Thou hast showered upon the soul of Thy servant Theresa of the Child Jesus, during the twenty-four years she spent here on earth, and in consideration of the merits of this Thy most beloved Saint, I beseech Thee to grant me this favor, if it is in accordance with Thy most Holy Will and is not an obstacle to my salvation."

then followed by the 24 Glory Be's, together with a short prayer after each ot the Glory Be's.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.


"Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, pray for us."


Optional, but recommended prayer at the end of the novena.

St. Therese, please pick me a rose from the Heavenly Garden
And send it to me with a message of love
Ask God to grant the favor I implore
And tell Him I will love Him
Each day more and more.
Amen.

~ # @ # @ # @ # @ # @ # ~

 

The 24 Glory Be's novena originated from Father Putigan, a Jesuit. Started the Novena to Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus on December 3, 1925, asking the glorious Saint for one great favor. For 9 days he recited the "Glory be to the Father" 24 times, thanking the Holy Trinity for the favors and Graces showered on Saint Theresa during the  24 years of her life on earth.

Father Putigan asked Saint Theresa, that as a sign that his novena was heard he would receive from someone a freshly plucked rose. On the third day of the novena, an unknown person sought out Father Putigan and presented him with a beautiful rose.

Father Putigan began the second novena on December 24 of the same year, and as a sign, asked for a white rose. On the fourth day of this novena one of the Sister-nurses brought him a white rose saying:

"Saint Theresa sent you this."
Amazed, the priest asked: "Where did you get this?"
"I was in the chapel," said the Sister, "and as I passed the altar above which hangs the beautiful picture of Saint Theresa, this rose fell at my feet. I wanted to put it back into the bouquet, but a thought came to me that I should bring it to you."


Father Putigan received the favors he had petitioned of the Little Flower of Jesus, and promised to spread the novena to increase devotion to, and bring her more honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment