Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 13 September 2012

The Sacred Stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi

Feast of the Sacred Stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi is celebrated on the 17 September annually.

Saint Francis had great devotion and veneration for Christ crucified and never ceased to preach this devotion till his death, that that he deserved to receive in his body the sacred stigmata.

Two years prior to his death, St. Francis of Assisi retired in Tuscany, on the Mount La Verna, to celebrate the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin and prepare for the feast of St. Michael the Archangel by fasting for forty days.  This was also around the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

St. Francis was kneeling and praying with outstretched arms awaiting dawn, waiting to receive an outstanding grace. The Lord crucified appeared to him in a figure of a six-winged seraph. After some time in conversation with St. Francis, he left and leaving in the body of St. Francis the sacred stigmata.


Pope Benedict XI permitted the Franciscan Order to celebrate annually on this day the memory of this extraordinary event attested by reliable witnesses.

Saint Francis of Assisi,
Born in year 1181 at Assisi, Umbria. Died on 4 October, 1226. Feastday celebrated on 4 October annually. Patron of Animals, Merchants & Ecology. Founder of the Franciscan Order (Friars Minor, the Poor Ladies or Clares, and the Brothers and Sisters of Penance). He was a saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without any self-importance.


Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

 

Reading, Psalm and Gospel for the 17 September 2012.

Galatians 6:14-18
14 But far be it from me to glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 Peace and mercy be upon all who walk by this rule, upon the Israel of God.
17 Henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.


Psalm
Galatians 2:16, 20

16 yet who know that a man is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ, and not by works of the law, because by works of the law shall no one be justified.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Philippians 1:20-21

20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.


Gospel
Luke 9:23-26
23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
24 For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it.
25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?
26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
 

Churches in Malaysia

Church of St. Francis of Assisi7th Mile, Jalan Cheras, 43200 Selangor, Malaysia
Parish Tel: 03-90758236

Tel/Fax: 03-90744873
http://sfa.org.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment