Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday 24 September 2012

St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Doctor of the Church


She is also known with title “Saint Thérèse of Lisieux" or "Saint Thérèse the Little Flower of Jesus”.
Co-patroness of the Missions with Francis Xavier (1927) and second patron of France after Joan of Arc (1944).


Born as Marie Françoise Thérèse Martin in Alencon, France on 2 January 1873. Youngest of nine children in her family. She had an early call to religious life, joined the Discalced Carmel of Lisieux and was a Carmelite nun. She had the greatest humility, evangelical simplicity and confidence in God.

On 30 September 1897, she died after going through a long and painful illness. She was beatified in 1923, canonized in 1925, and was referred as “the greatest saint of modern times". Pope John Paul II, declared her as "Doctor of the Church" on Mission Sunday, 19 October 1997. A collection of her autobiographical manuscripts ("The Story of a Soul" or "l'Histoire d'une Âme"), was printed and distributed on 30 September 1898, a year after her death with limited audience in mind (Carmelite convents and certain religious) only about 2000 copies printed. St. Thérèse became one of the most popular saints of the twentieth century, with the Basilica of Lisieux being the second largest pilgrimage site in France after Lourdes.

Her words  "my way is all confidence and love," is inspired by many christians.


1 October annually has been dedicated to the memorial celebration for St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Doctor of the Church.


Link to Apostolic Letter of His Holiness Pope John Paul II
DIVINI AMORIS SCIENTIA
SAINT THÉRÈSE OF THE CHILD JESUS AND THE HOLY FACE
IS PROCLAIMED A DOCTOR OF THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_19101997_divini-amoris_en.html




Quotes of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux
 
"For one pain endured with joy, we shall love the good God more forever."
 
 
"Jesus needs neither books nor Doctors of Divinity in order to instruct souls; He, the Doctor of Doctors, He teaches without noise of words."
 
 
"Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing."
 
"Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk."
 
 
Links
 
 
 
 St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7SPeyty4Y

You Fill My Heart (prayer of St.Therese of Child Jesus) 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPdR1kOB9Rs&feature=related


 
Prayers of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux
 
 Prayer (1)
Prayer to St. Thérèse

St. Thérèse, please draw me into your great life of love. Teach me that no act is too small to fill with love. Give me great respect for all others. Remind me that everyone is a child of God especially loved by Him. Draw me into the very respect of God Himself for us all. Draw me into His big heartedness – widen the horizons of my mind and heart. Then I may be able to think nothing, feel nothing, wish nothing, do nothing except what will build up someone else.

Help me to do this over and over again – to practice with you, being Love in the heart of Mother Church.

Amen.
 
 
Prayer (2)
 
 O Jesus, Who in Thy cruel Passion didst become the "Reproach of men and the Man of Sorrows," I worship Thy Divine Face. Once it shone with the beauty and sweetness of the Divinity: now for my sake it is become as the face of a leper. Yet in that disfigured Countenance I recognize Thy infinite Love, and I am consumed with the desire of loving Thee and of making Thee loved by all mankind. The tears that streamed in such abundance from Thy Eyes are to me as precious pearls which I delight to gather, that with their infinite worth I may ransom the souls of poor sinners.
O Jesus, Whose Face is the sole beauty that ravishes my heart, I may not behold here upon earth the sweetness of Thy Glance, nor feel the ineffable tenderness of Thy Kiss. I bow to Thy Will - but I pray Thee to imprint in me Thy Divine Likeness, and I implore Thee so to inflame me with Thy Love, that it may quickly consume me and I may soon reach the Vision of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.

 
 Prayer (3)
 
In honour of St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face and to beg favours through her intercession.
 



O Father in Heaven, Who through St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face, dost desire to remind the world of the Merciful Love that fills Thy Heart, and the childlike trust we should have in Thee, humbly we thank Thee for having crowned with so great glory Thine ever faithful child, and for giving her wondrous power to bring unto Thee, day by day, innumerable souls who will praise Thee eternally.
St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face, remember thy promise to do good upon earth, shower down thy roses on those who invoke thee and obtain for us from God the graces we hope for from His infinite goodness.
(here mention your requests)
 

 
Prayer (4)
 

O Holy little Thérèse of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face who during thy short life on earth became a mirror of angelic purity, of love strong as death and of wholehearted abandonment to God, now that thou rejoicest in the reward of thy virtues, cast a glance of pity on me as I leave all things in thy hands.

Make my troubles thine own – speak a word for me to Our Lady Immaculate, whose flower of special love thou wert – to that Queen of Heaven “who smiled on thee at the dawn of life.” Beg her as Queen of the Heart of Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment, and that she join with it a blessing that may strengthen me during life, defend me at the hour of death, and lead me straight on to a happy eternity.

Amen.
 

Reading, Psalm and Gospel for 1 October 2012

Reading
Job 1: 6 - 22
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
7 The LORD said to Satan, "Whence have you come?" Satan answered the LORD, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it."
8 And the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?"
9 Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nought?
10 Hast thou not put a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
11 But put forth thy hand now, and touch all that he has, and he will curse thee to thy face."
12 And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power; only upon himself do not put forth your hand." So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house;
14 and there came a messenger to Job, and said, "The oxen were plowing and the asses feeding beside them;
15 and the Sabe'ans fell upon them and took them, and slew the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you."
16 While he was yet speaking, there came another, and said, "The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you."
17 While he was yet speaking, there came another, and said, "The Chalde'ans formed three companies, and made a raid upon the camels and took them, and slew the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you."
18 While he was yet speaking, there came another, and said, "Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house;
19 and behold, a great wind came across the wilderness, and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you."
20 Then Job arose, and rent his robe, and shaved his head, and fell upon the ground, and worshiped.
21 And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return; the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.


Psalm
Psalms 17: 1 - 3, 6 - 7
1 Hear a just cause, O LORD; attend to my cry! Give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit!
2 From thee let my vindication come! Let thy eyes see the right!
3 If thou triest my heart, if thou visitest me by night, if thou testest me, thou wilt find no wickedness in me; my mouth does not transgress.
6 I call upon thee, for thou wilt answer me, O God; incline thy ear to me, hear my words.
7 Wondrously show thy steadfast love, O savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at thy right hand.


Gospel
Luke 9: 46 - 50
46 And an argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest.
47 But when Jesus perceived the thought of their hearts, he took a child and put him by his side,
48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me; for he who is least among you all is the one who is great."
49 John answered, "Master, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him, because he does not follow with us."
50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him; for he that is not against you is for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment