Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday 31 August 2012

10 Evangelical Virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary

1. Most Pure

Matthew 1:18


The Birth of Jesus Christ
18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.


Matthew 1:20

20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

 



Matthew 1:23

23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”



Luke 1:27

27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.


Luke 1:34

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”


 


2. Most Prudent


Luke 2:19

19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.




Luke 2:51

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.




3. Most Humble
 

Luke 1:48

48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,



4. Most Faithful
 
Luke 1:45

45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!”
 

John 2:5

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”




5. Most Devout

Luke 1:46-47

Mary’s Song
46 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
 




Acts 1:14

14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.


 


6. Most Obedient

Luke 1:38

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.


Luke 2:21-22

Jesus Presented in the Temple

21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.
22 When the time of their purification according to the Law of Moses had been completed, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
 


Luke 2:27

27 Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required,

 


7. Most Poor

Luke 2:7
7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.



8. Most Patient

John 19:25
25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 



9. Most Merciful

Luke 1:39
 


Mary Visits Elizabeth
39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea,
 

Luke 1:56

56 Mary stayed with Elizabeth for about three months and then returned home.




10.  Most Sorrowful

Luke 2:35
35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment