- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Tuesday, 6 March 2018
Fast and Abstinence (Lent)
Can. 1251 and 1253: Days of Fast and Abstinence
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of Fast and Abstinence (unless Ash Wednesday falls on the Lunar New Year day). The Conference rules that those who are unable to observe abstinence from meat on a Friday, may do penance by choosing one of the following or similar ways:
a) By doing some work of mercy and love: to give alms to the poor, visit the sick, house-bound, aged, handicapped person or someone in need;
b) By doing some exercise of piety: attend the Friday Mass, pray before the Blessed Sacrament, read the Scriptures, pray the rosary, the Stations of the Cross;
c) By making some act of mortification: to deprive oneself from some favourite food or drink, smoking, a TV or video show, an unnecessary visit to shopping centers, texting, computer games or internet.