Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 17 March 2016

Seven Last Words of Christ from the Cross



1. "Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)
*** A word of forgiveness. Jesus is dying so that we might be forgiven of our sins and reconciled to God for eternity.

2. "Today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
*** Jesus promised that the criminal would be with him in paradise. We too are welcome there into his kingdom because God is merciful and we have put our trust in Jesus. 

3. He said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.” Then he said to the disciple, “Here is your mother. (John 19:26-27)
*** Even as he was dying on the cross as the Saviour of the world, Jesus remembered his role as a son, which he didn’t neglect even in his last moment. Out of concern and love for his sorrowful mother, Jesus presented his beloved disciple to his mother Mary and with that act he offered the other disciples and the entire humanity to her. 

4. "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34; Matthew 27:46)
*** We will never fully know what Jesus was experiencing in this moment. He was suffering alone on the cross and it seems as if his loving Father had stayed away from him. Yet, this was the moment of trust for Jesus in his loving Father. He knew very well that his Father will not abandon him.

5. "I am thirsty." (John 19:28)
*** Here he was thirsting to receive everyone into his fold to build his spiritual Kingdom. Let us bring to mind our own thirst and desires. We are thirsting for him and our soul is yearning for the living water that Jesus supplies.

6. "It is finished.." (John 19:30)
*** “It is finished” meant it is accomplished; the work of his Father was finally done. Jesus had fulfilled through his suffering and death, the mission given to him at his incarnation. Jesus completed the mission for which he had been sent, and we are the beneficiaries. We know that nothing can separate us from God’s love as it was in the life of Jesus. 

7. “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last. (Luke 23:46)
*** Jesus is simply entrusting himself to God as he dies. As we reflect upon this final word of Jesus from the cross, we are struck, by the love, trust and confidence Jesus always placed in his Father. Jesus now gave his very life to his beloved Father fully assured that it was safe with him. Jesus was aware that his Father will raise him up on the third day.

No comments:

Post a Comment