Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday 12 February 2016

Sacrament of Reconciliation ~ Confession ~ Pope Francis

“The confessional is not a torture chamber, 
but the place in which the Lord's mercy 
motivates us to do better.” 
~ Pope Francis ~

"If we confess our sins, 
he who is faithful and just will forgive us 
our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
~ 1 John 1:9 ~

The best way to guard one’s heart is with the daily practice of an “examination of conscience”, in which one quietly reviews what bad things one has done and what good things one has failed to do for God, one’s neighbour and oneself.

The questions include:

Do I only turn to God when I’m in need?

Do I take attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation?

Do I begin and end the day with prayer?

Am I embarrassed to show that I am a Christian?

Do I rebel against God’s plan?

Am I envious, hot-tempered, biased?

Am I honest and fair with everyone or do I fuel the “throwaway culture”?

In my marital and family relations, do I uphold morality as taught in the Gospels?

Do I honour and respect my parents?

Have I refused newly conceived life? Have I snuffed out the gift of life? Have I helped do so?

Do I respect the environment?

Am I part worldly and part believer?

Do I overdo it with eating, drinking, smoking and amusements?

Am I overly concerned about my physical well-being, my possessions?

How do I use my time? Am I lazy?

Do I want to be served?

Do I dream of revenge, hold grudges?

Am I meek, humble and a builder of peace?

Catholics should go to Confession, the Pope said, because everyone needs forgiveness for their sins, for the ways “we think and act contrary to the Gospel”.

“Whoever says he is without sin is a liar or is blind,” he wrote.

Confession is meant to be a sincere moment of conversion, an occasion to demonstrate trust in God’s willingness to forgive his children and to help them back on the path of following Jesus, Pope Francis wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment