Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 5 December 2013

St. Nicholas, Bishop (Optional Memorial) ~ 6 December

December 6, the feast day of Saint Nicholas. Both Eastern and Western Christians, recognizes this memorial of this advent season saint. Saint Nicholas of Myra, a Turkish bishop, is undoubtedly one of the Western world most popular saints and is remembered in the United States for the unique personality of Saint Claus, the jolly, rotund, white-bearded gentleman who captivates children with promises of gifts on Christmas Eve. He is known for his giving generosity to the poor and is an intercessor for financial problems.He is the patron saint of children, and also invoked by sailors, merchants, bakers, travellers, pilgrims, poor people, unmarried girls and pawnbrokers. He is also known as a patron against imprisonment, against robberies and against robbers. Together with Saint Andrew, he is honoured as the co-patron of Russia.

In a traditional legend tells of a family with three daughters of a poor family. The father could not afford to pay the dowries required for his daughters to marry. If he is unable to get his daughters married then they would be forced into prostitution or slavery to earn money. When Nicholas found out about this family’s plight, he visited the house three times, each time tossing a bag of gold into the house through a window. These three bag of gold became the dowry for each of  the daughter. This legend could have been the reason Saint Nicholas is the patron unmarried girls.


We humbly implore your mercy, 
Lord protect us in all dangers 
through the prayers of the Bishop Saint Nicholas, 
that the way of salvation may lie open before us. 
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, 
who lives and reigns with you in the unity 
of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. 
AMEN.

St. Nicholas, glorious Confessor of Christ, 
assist us in thy loving kindness. 
Amen.


Friday, 6 December, 2013
St. Nicholas, Bishop (Optional Memorial)


Reading
Isaiah 29: 17 - 24
17Is it not yet a very little while until Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be regarded as a forest?
18In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.
19The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.
20For the ruthless shall come to nought and the scoffer cease, and all who watch to do evil shall be cut off,
21who by a word make a man out to be an offender, and lay a snare for him who reproves in the gate, and with an empty plea turn aside him who is in the right.
22Therefore thus says the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob: "Jacob shall no more be ashamed, no more shall his face grow pale.
23For when he sees his children, the work of my hands, in his midst, they will sanctify my name; they will sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.
24And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who murmur will accept instruction."

Psalm
Psalms 27: 1, 4, 13 - 14
1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
4One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
13I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!
14Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD!

Gospel
Matthew 9: 27 - 31
27And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, "Have mercy on us, Son of David."
28When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to him, "Yes, Lord."
29Then he touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it done to you."
30And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly charged them, "See that no one knows it."
31But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.


A Prayer to Saint Nicholas
Glorious St. Nicholas, my special patron, from thy throne in glory, where thou dost enjoy the presence of God, turn thine eyes in pity upon me and obtain for me from our Lord the graces and helps that I need in my spiritual and temporal necessities and especially this favour 
(mention your request), 
provided that it be profitable to my salvation). Be mindful, likewise, O glorious and saintly Bishop, of our Sovereign Pontiff, of Holy Church, and of all Christian people. Bring back to the right way of salvation all those who are living steeped in sin and blinded by the darkness of ignorance, error, and heresy. Comfort the afflicted, provide for the needy, strengthen the fearful, defend the oppressed, give health to the infirm; cause all men to experience the effects of thy powerful intercession with the supreme Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment