Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Following Jesus' Steps

Many of us are familiar with the story of Jesus walking on the water. It is an awesome reminder of Jesus’ power. It is also a very convicting story when we stop and think about Peter’s response.


Like the other eleven apostles, Peter could have chosen to remain in the boat. Even though the wind and the waves were against the boat, the boat was still the safest place to be. And yet, Jesus stood outside the boat, on the waves. Peter’s heart yearned to be near to the Lord as he asked Jesus, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” After receiving Jesus’ invitation, Peter stepped out and became the only other man recorded in the Bible to walk on water.

“And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.” (Matthew 14:28)

There are many times in our lives when we feel like things are against us. We do not feel like we are moving forward; in fact, we’re fighting just to stand our ground. We feel distant from God, knowing God hasn’t forsaken us, but feeling that God is not as near as we’d like. 

In those times, it is an encouragement to remember Peter. He was willing to step out alone in faith to be closer to Jesus. He was willing to leave the limited protection of the boat to step out further into the storm since that is where God was standing. And, what is more, he stepped out alone, leaving the rest of the disciples in the boat.

“For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:” (1 Peter 2:21)

We are also reminded to seek God in prayer. Just as Peter asked Jesus to call him before he stepped out, so I am reminded to ask for God’s guidance before I step out. Walking by faith is not walking aimlessly, hoping God will catch up, but rather waiting for His voice and following His lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment