Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ, our Supreme Treasure


Matthew 13: 44 - 46

44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
45"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls,
46who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Like the man and the merchant in the parable, when we have found the kingdom of heaven, we will be filled with joy in discovering the supreme value of the kingdom of God and, we ought to spare no pains, no expense, nothing whatever, that we may possess it. As also mentioned in Matthew 19:21, "Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Matthew 16:24-26
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?


"The kingdom of heaven is worth infinitely more than the cost of discipleship, 
and those who know where the treasure lies 
joyfully abandon everything else to secure it." 
by D. A. Carson


The treasure that the kingdom of heaven promises is worth every sacrifice necessary to secure it, and once secured to maintain it. Jesus Christ is the true Treasure, in Him there is an abundance of all that which is rich and greatness, and will be a portion for us. For those still finding and wondering for Jesus, there will come a time when we will appreciate what a priceless pearl we have in Jesus. Turn back to Jesus and have true faith in Him for there is none comparable to Him and His eternal Kingdom.

As Saint Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13:12, "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

The parable also could be seen as how much God love us as gave His son Jesus Christ to dies for us, His priceless creation and treasure; Jesus 
came and give all that he had so that he might take all the hurt of humanity into his own heart, might know the aching agony of all that we go through, and thus be able to touch us, to heal us.

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep 
to gain what he cannot lose.”
by Jim Elliott, martyred missionary to the Auca Indians of South America


Our heavenly Father, 
how we thank you 
for the marvellous truth that you, 
Lord, have bought the world, 
that it belongs to you, 
and that you shall some day rule and reign 
in power and glory in its midst 
and all your promises shall be fulfilled. 
We pray, Lord Jesus, 
that we may all apply this to our lives, 
and that we may understand 
that you desire to heal us 
and bring us right now 
into an experience of joy and glory 
and gladness and fruitfulness. 
We ask these in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment