Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Dedication of the Month of May for the Blessed Virgin Mary



Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us!

The whole month of May is dedicated by Catholics to Blessed Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ and she is honoured in a special way. On each day of this month, special devotions to Mary are organized like the daily recitation of the Rosary. The faithful also honour statue of Mary is with a wreath of blossoms to indicate Mary's virtues and crowning of Our Lady's statue with flowers. The faithful in their churches, community and their homes, offer the Virgin Mother more fervent and loving acts of homage and veneration, and during this month greater abundance of God's merciful gifts comes down to us from our Mother's throne.

There are several Marian feast days in May, including Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Our Lady, Help of Christians, Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces and Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Also called the Psalter of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Rosary is one of the most excellent prayers to the Mother of God.

May is considered the season of the beginning of new life which led to a realization that May is very much the month of motherhood – this may be the reason why Mother’s Day is celebrated during May.


Hail Mary, full of grace.

The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.



Immaculate Mary, your praises we sing.
You reign now in heaven with Jesus our King. 
Ave, Ave, Ave, Maria! Ave, Ave, Maria!

In heaven the blessed your glory proclaim;
On earth we your children invoke your fair name. 
Ave, Ave, Ave, Maria! Ave, Ave, Maria!

We pray for our mother, the Church upon earth, 
And bless, Holy Mary, the land of our birth.
Ave, Ave, Ave, Maria! Ave, Ave, Maria!

Let us pray

My Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to you, and to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my entire self without reserve. As I am your own, my good Mother, guard me and defend me as your property and possession. Amen.


The Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, 
that never was it known 
that anyone who fled to your protection, 
implored your help or sought your intercession, 
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, 
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. 
O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, 
but, in your mercy, hear and answer me. 
Amen.



An Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary
Holy Mary, Mother of God and Virgin, I choose thee this day for my queen, patron, and advocate, and firmly resolve and purpose never to abandon thee, never to say or do anything against thee, nor to permit that aught be done by others to dishonour thee. Receive me, then, I conjure thee, as thy perpetual servant; assist me in all my actions, and do not abandon me at the hour of my death. Amen. 
St. John Berchmans


The Magnificat
My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, 
and holy is His name. 
And His mercy is on those who fear Him 
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with His arm:
He has scattered the proud 
in the imagination of their hearts.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and exalted those of low degree.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
and the rich He has sent empty away.
He has helped His servant Israel, 
in remembrance of His mercy;
As He spoke to our fathers, 
to Abraham and to His posterity forever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. 
Amen

Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary

V. Lord, have mercy on us.
R. Christ, have mercy on us.

V. Lord, have mercy on us. Christ hear us.
R. Christ, graciously hear us.

Have mercy on us. (repeat at end of each phrase.)
God, the Father of Heaven,
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world,
God, the Holy Spirit,
Holy Trinity, One God,

Pray for us. (repeat at end of each phrase.)
Holy Mary, 
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of Angels,
Queen of Patriarchs,
Queen of Prophets,
Queen of Apostles,
Queen of Martyrs,
Queen of Confessors,
Queen of Virgins,
Queen of all Saints,
Queen conceived without Original Sin,
Queen assumed into Heaven,
Queen of the most holy rosary,
Queen of Peace.

Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
Graciously hear us O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.

V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.

R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:
Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, unto us Thy servants, that we may rejoice in continual health of mind and body; and, by the glorious intercession of blessed Mary ever Virgin, may be delivered from present sadness, and enter into the joy of Thine eternal gladness. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.



Mahatma Gandhi by his observance to the devotion to Mary
said
“The feeling has since then been growing on me, that all this kneeling and prayer could not be mere superstition; the devout souls kneeling before the Virgin could not be worshipping mere marble. I had the impression that I felt then that by this worship they were not detracting from, but adding to, the glory of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment