- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Tuesday, 23 January 2018
The difference between the Angel’s and Our Lady’s apparitions at Fatima
The children’s physical, emotional and psychological experience with the Angel of Portugal and Our Lady were different. In her memoirs, Sister Lucia writes,
“I do not know why, but the fact is that the apparitions of Our Lady had a very different effect on us. There was the same intimate gladness, the same peace and happiness. But instead of physical weariness, we felt a certain expansive liveliness, a sense of glee instead of that annihilation in the Divine Presence, a certain communicative enthusiasm instead of that difficulty in speaking…”
One stark contrast between the angel and Our Lady is their different natures. The former is pure spirit while the latter is flesh and spirit; body and soul. The angel’s superior nature drained much energy from the children which left them in a state of annihilation.
Since the children are of the same nature as Our Lady, one could surmise that this may explain why the children were more at ease with Our Lady. The human nature they shared with Our Lady found a pleasing and lively consonance with her. One could feel assurance and confidence in Lucia’s observation and experience that, indeed, Our Lady was assumed into Heaven in both body and soul – a dogma of the Faith.
source: America needs Fatima