The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.”
If you love Me, keep My commandments.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.
The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17)
1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
Love God more than anyone or anything else; for anything we love more than God becomes our God instead of Him.
2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Do not curse, swear, lie, or deceive by His name, but call upon His name at times of trouble, worship, praise, and give thanks.
3. Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day.
God rested on the seventh day after His six days of work when He created the heavens and the earth, therefore God instructed His people not to work and rest on the Sabbath day.
4. Honour your father and your mother.
Do not despise or anger our parents, elders and with higher authority, but honour, serve, obey, love and cherish them.
5. You shall not kill.
No to take someone's life, not only by murdering but also when we anger someone and wish that the person will die.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
Avoid all sexual sins and sexual acts outside of marriage.
Unjustly taking, using or damaging worldly things belonging to someone else.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
Never say anything about another person that isn't true, or gossip about others.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour's wife.
Do not envy (desire) the living forms (of flesh and blood) that belongs to another.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour's goods.
Do not envy (desire) the worldly things (goods) that belongs to another.