Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday 5 May 2014

El Niño de Atocha

El Nino de Atocha is a vision of the little boy Jesus wearing a pilgrim's 16th century cloak and hat. 

Prayer to El Nino de Atocha

O Miraculous Infant of Atocha.
Cast Your merciful look upon my troubled heart,
so incline to pity.
Be softened by my prayer,
and grant me these favours
which I ardently implore of You;

(mention request)

 Take from me all affliction and despair,
all trials and misfortunes
with which I am laden.

For your Sacred Infancy's sake,
send me now the consolation and aid
and grace that I may praise You
with  the Father and Holy Spirit,
forever and ever,
AMEN.

O Divine Child of Atocha, 
please hear my prayer and grant my petition.
AMEN.


The legend of the Santo Niño de Atocha
It all begins in Spain around the year 711, where the Spanish Catholics find themselves being suppressed by the Moors. The Moors captured Granada and proceeded northward until most of Spain was under their control. The Spaniards turned to their Lord for strength and hope in their afflictions, as they were tortured and killed for their Faith.

The legend unfolds in a village near Madrid. The town of Atocha was also taken by the Moors. These imprisoned the men of the village in jails and dungeons that were deplorable and filthy. The Faith of these men and the rest of the village was commendable but the Moors were determined to break their hope in the Lord with one cruelty after another. The Moors developed restrictions allowing only the family members of the imprisoned to bring them food and water. For those who had no family members nearby, this would have been a certain death sentence. Before long, another restriction was issued that only children (close family members of the prisoners) under the age of twelve were allowed to bring the prisoners food and water. This new decree affected even more prisoners, as many did not have any children meeting these requirements.

The women of Atocha turned to the Blessed Mother, under the title of Our Lady of Atocha. A statue dedicated to Mary under this title was located in their chapel. In this statue, Mary is holding Her Infant Son. These women pleaded with Our Lady to beg the mercy of Her Son for their imprisoned relatives.

Before long, the children visiting their family members in the prison noticed a Boy of about twelve years of age visiting many of the imprisoned during the night. He was dressed as a pilgrim and carried food and water to the men. He somehow managed to pass by the sleeping Moor guards without them detecting Him. He refreshed the prisoners spiritually and physically with His Presence. They all knew He was the Child Jesus.

When the women heard the stories from the children about the Santo Niño, they rushed to the chapel to thank Our Lady for sending Her Son. Upon entering the chapel, they noticed that the shoes of the Infant in the statue of Our lady of Atocha were dusty and worn out. The women in the village replaced His shoes, but, time and time again found them dusty and worn out.

People traveling in those days also found themselves in great danger. Often, when visiting relatives far away, they were assaulted and killed on the roads. Many of the travelers were Catholic and innkeepers had been afraid to provide them with lodging for fear of the Moors’ occupation. As a result, many travelers had to sleep in the open forests or near the main roads, thus making them even more vulnerable to attacks.

Before long, accounts of a Boy of twelve years of age , dressed as a Pilgrim and bringing them food and drink started to emerge. He would especially appear to them when they found themselves in dangerous situations, often pointing to them the safe route to take to avoid any danger. Many times, He would accompany them on their journey. The descriptions of Him were always the same: He had a pilgrim’s dress, a hat with a plume and a cape about His Shoulders. In His left Hand, He held a pilgrim’s staff with a gourd of water attached. 

Because of these miraculous events, the child received the Name of the Holy Infant of Our Lady of Atocha. Miracles abounded through the centuries, even after Spain was liberated from the Moors in the year 1492. Devotion to the Child originally focused on receiving aid for travelers or for people in prison, but, after witnessing many miracles for other intentions, the devotion spread throughout Spain and devotees were turning to Him in all of their urgent needs.
source of story from childjesus.us

The Spanish explorers and Franciscans evangelized the new world. Many statues of Jesus and Mary were brought over from Spain; in 1554, that the statues of the Santo Niño was brought over from Atocha, Spain, to the village of Fresnillo in Zacatecas, Mexico. Immediately, many villagers claimed seeing the little pilgrim and reported miracles attributed to the Santo Niño of Atocha. The statue that came from Spain had the Holy Child sitting on the lap of His Mother. Once, the statue separated itself from His Mother. No one knows exactly how or why this happened. The people had a throne built for the Santo Niño, from where He reigns today. He is also to be found in His Own Chapel in the Santuario de Plateros.

There are mornings when the Sisters that care for the Shrine find the Infant’s shoes all dusty, from being out all night caring for pilgrims. Many people who have seen Him during the night confirm that His basket is always full of food and His gourd is always full of water, yet the statue itself has an empty basket and gourd. At times, He is referred to as the "Night Walking Infant of Atocha". Many miracles are attributed to His Presence and the Shrine is filled with acknowledgments of these.

The Shrine dedicated to the Santo Niño de Atocha is run by the Poor Clares and is located in Mexico at:

Monasterio del Santo Niño de Atocha Plateros
Apartado Postal 125
99000 Fresnillo, Zac. 
Mexico
CCP655001

Today El Nino de Atocha is revered as the special patron for those who are in prison, living under regimes of political torture, those in trouble with the I.N.S., victims of crimes including rape and abduction, those facing a court case, and those who, by virtue of circumstances, require help from outside for the opening of their way.

3 comments:

  1. Me and my husband has been married for about 4years now but have not be able to get pregnant and last year his family member want me out of the house because they said i was on unable to give them a child and they want him to get married to someone else i have know where to run to one day a friend of my told me about native IYa Hindi herbal on how powerful he is and how he has also help her with medication so i have to contact him immediately on his email: hindinative@yahoo.com and he told me what i have to do which i did and after 7days i started seeing some changes in my body and i have to go and have a test carried out on me and find out that i was pregnant and it was just like a dream to me and my husband are very happy now and even the family member love me more than ever before and i finally put to birth October this years thanks to native IYa Hindi herbal   I encourage women who are passing through what I experienced to also contact IYa Hindi herbal and not be troubled. To contact email: hindinative@yahoo.com via WhatsApp messenger +19145295224 visits his register website: https://iyahindinative.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Osasu for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr Osasu, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced me to Dr Osasu a true Spell Caster. In less than 24 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Osasu for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. email: Drosasu25@gmail.com WhatsApp Number: +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Name is Martha from Ohio USA, i was so surprise when i found that HSV 1&2 could be cured with Dr Oyagu herbal remedy, this disease almost destroy my face, and my mouth with sores. i took many traditional medicine here in Ohio, but none could work. even visited my mother village in South Africa still couldn't find a cure, but i was so surprise that after contacting Dr Oyagu . And after done discussing with him i was cured with his herbal in 2 weeks. i confirmed his good work by my test result, do not delay to contact this true healer. Dr Oyagu is able to help you in any challenges, HIV AIDS, HEPATITIS B, COLD SORES, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, BRAIN TUMOR, ACUTE BRONCHITIS And so many more. For more details Call or what app: +2348101755322 or Email: oyaguherbalhegmail.com. and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, Als, Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV, Infections, ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete