- Poverty that demands simplicity of life and the sharing of our lives and talents with each other and with those we minister to.
- Consecrated celibacy that opens us to growth in the Spirit in union with others.
- Obedience that opens us as fully as possible to God's will.
- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Saturday, 28 June 2014
The Norbertine Order (Premonstratensians) was founded in the early 2th century by St. Norbert of Xanten (1080-1134) in the valley of Prémontré (modern day France.) The Canons Regular of Prémontré, also known as the Premonstratensians, Norbertines, or White Canons consist of a group of Roman Catholic priests, brothers, sisters, deacons and novices.
As ‘canons’ we are dedicated to the dignified and public celebration of the Eucharist and the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) in choir each day.
At its peak, in the early 1300’s the order numbered over 10,000 members. Today there are about 1200 Norbertines in communities in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Britain (England), Ireland (Republic), Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, Russia, United States of America, Canada, South Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Brazil, Peru, India and Australia.