Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 6 November 2014

Give Generously to the Church, Tithing and Offering

Tithe is a tenth part of one's annual income contributed voluntarily or due as a tax, especially for the support of the clergy or church. Catholics don't practice tithing, but we give voluntarily as our conscience dictates in response to the Precept of the Catholic Church that requires us to support the needs of the Church according to our ability and our station in life.

Ephesians 5:29-30
for no one ever hated his own flesh, 
but nourishes and cherishes it, 
just as Christ also does the church, 
because we are members of His body.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
to which indeed you were called in one body; 
and be thankful.



Support the Church,
  • Give what you can and what feels right. “Ideally, giving should feel good and should not be like a chore. It’s entirely up to you to decide how much you can give and what is appropriate given your monthly budget.
  • Keep it consistent, no matter what amount you decide on, try to give on a regular basis.
  • Keep it discreet, Matthew 6:3 say "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."
  • Offer help in other ways instead (eg. like your services, volunteer on the weekends or during church-related events.), if your budget is tight.


Deuteronomy 14:22
You shall tithe all the yield of your seed, 
which comes forth from the field year by year.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must do as he has made up his mind, 
not reluctantly or under compulsion, 
for God loves a cheerful giver.

Proverbs 11:24
One man gives freely, yet grows all the richer;
another withholds what he should give, 
and only suffers want.

Genesis 28:22
This stone, which I have set up for a pillar, 
shall be God’s house; 
and of all that thou givest me 
I will give the tenth to thee.


Six Precept of the Catholic Church (The Duties of a Catholic)
  1. To go to Mass and refrain from servile work on Sundays and holy days.
  2. To go to Confession at least once a year (traditionally done during Lent).
  3. To receive the Eucharist at least once a year, during the Easter Season (known as the "Easter duty"). 
  4. To observe the days of fasting and abstinence.
  5. To help to provide for the needs of the Church according to one's abilities and station in life.
  6. To obey the marriage laws of the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment