Serve as reminder tools what we pray for ....
1. Your thumb is nearest to you.
Praying for those closest to you.
2. The next finger is the pointing finger.
Praying for those who teach, instruct and heal.
eg, Teachers, doctors, priest
3. The next finger is the tallest finger.
Praying for our leaders.
eg, Pope, political leaders and our leader in our industry/work.
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. (aka our weakest finger among the five).
Praying for those who are weak, in trouble, suffering, in distress or in pain.
5. Lastly comes our little finger. (aka pinky finger).
Praying for yourself.
Incline Thine ear to me, rescue me quickly;
Be Thou to me a rock of strength,
A stronghold to save me.
Be Thou to me a rock of habitation,
to which I may continually come;
Thou hast given commandment to save me,
For Thou art my rock and my fortress.