- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Wednesday, 6 December 2017
God’s greatest gift
At Christmas we are the recipients of God’s greatest gift – His only Son. On that holy night so long ago God gave us the gift of Jesus, our Divine Savior, and Scripture tells us that God loved us so much that He was born in a stable because there was no room at the Inn. The first people to hear this news were poor shepherds. An angel told them, "Fear not, I bring you tidings of good joy which shall be for all people, for this day in David’s city is born a Savior, Christ the Lord."
You notice that the first words of the angel to the shepherds are "fear not." In other words, "be calm, be at peace." After His resurrection, Christ appeared several times to His disciples. His first words were always the same, "Peace, do not be afraid." It seems that whenever Heaven touches earth, the message is always the same, "fear not, be at peace."
As we look around our world this Christmas, we see many nations that are not at peace. We all know families and individuals, maybe even yourself, who do not know the peace of Christmas.
source: Father Bob Warren, SA
Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, saying, Ask a sign of the Lord your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven. But Ahaz said, I will not ask, and I will not put the Lord to the test. Then Isaiah said: “Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary mortals, that you weary my God also? Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Look, the young woman is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel. He shall eat curds and honey by the time he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good. For before the child knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land before whose two kings you are in dread will be deserted.
~ Isaiah 7:10-16 ~