Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thursday 14 August 2014

Saint John Berchmans ~ Patron Saint of Altar Servers



Saint John Berchmans was born on 13 March 1599. He was kind, gentle, and affectionate towards his parents and a favourite with his playmates during his childhood. He was brave and open, attractive in manner, and with a bright, joyful disposition. Since his early age, he wanted to be a priest, and when he was 13 years old, he became a altar server. He became a Jesuit seminarian in 1615. In 1618 he was sent to Rome to further his study and was known for his diligence and piety, and his stress on perfection even in small things. He was known for his devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and to Our Lady, to whom he composed a Chaplet in honour of her Immaculate Conception.

He died on 13 August 1621. He was declared a saint in the Roman Catholic Church. John Berchmans was beatified in 1865, and was canonized in 1888. Saint John Berchmans is the patron saint of altar servers.

For all Altar Servers

To be Christ's page at the altar, 
To serve Him freely there. 
Where even the Angels falter, 
Bowed low in reverent prayer.

To touch the throne most holy, 
To hand the gifts for the feast, 
To see Him meekly, lowly, 
Descend at the word of the priest.

To hear man's poor petition, 
To sound the silver bell, 
When He in sweet submission, 
Comes down with us to dwell.

No grander mission surely 
Could Saints or men enjoy; 
No heart should love more purely, 
Than yours my altar boys (altar servers).

God bless you, lad, forever, 
And keep you in His care, 
And Guard you that you never 
Belie the robes you wear.

For white bespeaks untainted 
A heart both tried and true; 
And red tolls love the sainted 
The holy martyrs knew.

Throughout life, then, endeavor 
God's graces to employ; 
And be in heart forever 
A holy altar boy  (altar servers).

by St. John Berchmans

St. John Berchmans, be my patron!

No comments:

Post a Comment