- Nicene Creed
- The Apostle's Creed
- Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- Hail Mary
- Glory Be
- Psalm 23
- Lord Jesus, You are my Healer and Provider.....
- Powerful prayer in Urgent Need to the Infant JESUS
- Prayer for a Special and Urgent Request
- Prayer to Saint Jude Thaddeus in Desperate and Hopeless situation
- Prayer to St. Expedite - for speedy help in urgent...
- Shoulder wound of Jesus . . ..
- Prayer to the Passions and Wounds of Jesus
- Prayer to Saint Michael
- Psalm 71
- Psalm 91
- Psalm 119 ~ Praise God for giving such splendid laws and instruction for His people to live by
- Help Needed, Lord have Mercy on me
- Contribution 4 Blog
Thursday, 30 March 2017
Why Catholics honour Mary?
Catholics do not worship Mary but we do have enough sense to pay her great honor for saying "yes," and for carrying the Son of God in her womb and supplying His DNA. Not to mention the fact that she gave Him more strength than any other human being. If you truly love Jesus, honoring Mary is a natural part of that love.
Dispel the myth, know the facts, communicate the truth. Every Catholic should be somewhat offended when this lie gets perpetuated as if we don't know our God.
Mary was Immaculately Conceived and had to be by a preemptive act of Grace through Jesus Christ. She had to be a pure vessel to carry the Son of God. In the Scriptures Gabriel says "Hail full of Grace." She is puzzled by the greeting because it indicates that she is without sin.
Please keep in mind that the Church believes that her sinless state comes through Jesus, who existed from the beginning. It doesn't make Mary a god. You cant be a God-bearer with the stain of sin. This Dogma says more about the Glory of God than it does about Mary. The vessel that would be the gate by which Divinity became humanity, had to be a pure one.
She took on flesh, but no stain of sin. He was born of a virgin. Why is it such a large jump to believe that Mary was preserved from sin for this special role? How could God have His DNA supplied by a sinful person? Regardless, the point of this statement is to dispel the lie that we worship Mary.
An Archangel appeared to this woman and she gave birth to God as a virgin. Regardless, she is mega special and worthy of a great honor. If Jesus is Savior and I'm a part of his family, then Mary is my mother. I love her dearly.
~ Father Claude Thomas Burns