Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Monday 17 December 2012

Twelve days of Christmas

In 336 A.D., the Western Church based in Rome, chose 25 December to celebrate birth of Jesus as Christmas, which means "Christ's Mass." and the Eastern Church chose 6 January as Epiphany which means "appearance.", the arrival of the Magi (Wise Men) and the revelation of Christ as the light of the world. The period form 25 December to 6 January became known as the Twelve Days of Christmas.
 
 
 
The true meaning "The Twelve Days of Christmas" song

The song lyrics sounds silly but it actually originated in religious symbolism and for a serious purpose during a time of religious persecution. It was written as a kind of secret catechism that could sing in public without fear of arrest and this served as a learning or memory aid to Christians. The hidden meaning known only to the Christians where each element is a code word for a religious truth.
 
1. The partridge in a pear tree = Jesus.
 2. The two turtledoves = Old and New Testaments.
 3. Three French hens =  Faith, Hope and Love.
 4. The four calling birds = four Gospels.
 5. The five gold rings = Hebrew Torah (Law), or the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament.
 6. The six geese a-laying = the six days of creation.
 7. The seven swans a-swimming = seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
 8. The eight maids a-milking = eight Beatitudes.
 9. Nine ladies dancing = nine fruits of the Holy Spirit.
 10. The ten lords a-leaping = Ten Commandments.
 11. Eleven pipers piping = eleven faithful Apostles.
 12. Twelve drummers drumming = twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles Creed.

The "true love" in the song = God Himself.
The "me" receiving the gifts =  every Christian.

So this "silly" song we sing during Christmas time has more meaning than we thought.
 
If we remember, Luke 13:34 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.", then Jesus being symbolized as a partridge in a pear tree does not sounds so blasphemous, after all.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment