Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Friday 13 December 2013

Gifts for the infant Jesus ~ Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh from the wise men

Why give the infant Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh?
The gifts were rare, precious and expensive to honour the newborn king. Gold was used plentifully at the Tabernacle and the Temple and therefore associated with worship. In Revelation 21:21, it is said that the new Jerusalem coming down from Heaven where "the great street of the city was of gold". Frankincense symbolizes divinity. It is very costly and sweet fragrant gum distilled from a tree. It is burnt as a pleasant offering to God. The Roman Church burns incense as offering to God during solemnity celebration. Myrrh is to represent the human suffering God's only begotten would experience as a man on earth. Myrrh is mainly used in embalming the dead as in John 19:39 where "Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds".
These were gifts fit only for a King, Jesus the descendant of David and from the moment Jesus came into the world, He came with one main purpose that is to die for our salvation as the Saviour of the world.




JESUS is the King of Kings, 
the Lion of Judah 
and the descendant of David's Royal Blood. 


Gold
Honour Jesus as King. 
Frankincense
Praise and worship Jesus.
Myrrh 
Remind us of Jesus pain, sorrow 
and His death for our salvation.



For God so loved the world 
that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him 
shall not perish but have eternal life.
~ John 3:16 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment