Dear God, open a door for my message, so that I may proclaim the mystery of Christ. I pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Colossians 4:3-4

R4C

R4C
Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You. ~ Reconciliation and Forgiveness ~ I am Sorry * Please Forgive Me * Thank You * I Love You.

Generosity from the Heart

Generosity from the Heart


Matt 6:3, "do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"


If this blog is informative and helpful in your pursuit to follow Jesus, and deepening your Christian faith;

Please support my work. Thank you and God Bless.


Proverbs 11:25, "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."


How to make contibution (click on this link)


May the Lord bless you for your generosity, and may the Mother of God intercede for your every need.


Your act of generosity will be rewarded, and your blessing will be “pressed down, shaken together, and RUNNING OVER.

Psalm 19:14, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Sunday 12 August 2012

Vatican unveils logo, hymn and calendar for Year of Faith

With the Apostolic Letter of 11 October 2011, Porta fidei, Pope Benedict XVI declared a Year of Faith. It will begin on the 11 October 2012, on the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Second Ecumenical Vatican Council, (holy mass at St.Peter) and will be ending on the 24 November 2013, the Solemnity of our Lord Jesus Christ, Universal King.


The Year of Faith beginning coincides with the anniversaries of two great events which have marked the life of the Church in modern day:
1. The fiftieth anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council, called by Blessed Pope John XXIII (11 October 1962)
2. The twentieth of the promulgation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, given to the Church by Blessed Pope John Paul II (11 October 1992).

The logo features a boat, which is a traditional symbol for the church. Its main mast is the cross and, with the sails, it forms the initials IHS, the “Christogram” standing for Jesus, savior of men. Behind the IHS, the sun evokes a eucharistic host.

The official hymn for the Year of Faith, “Credo, Domine, Adauge Nobis Fidem” (I believe, Lord, increase our faith).

The Vatican launched a website, Annusfidei.va, containing information about the Year of Faith and the calendar of special events Pope Benedict will celebrate during the year. (for english version of the website please click this link http://www.annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en.html)

The Year of Faith will end on November 24 2013.


To read the full text of the Holy Father’s Apostolic Letter which was issued on 11 October 2011, click on the following link to
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/motu_proprio/documents/hf_ben-xvi_motu-proprio_20111011_porta-fidei_en.html


The official hymn of the Year of Faith, “Credo, Domine, Adauge Nobis Fidem” (I believe, Lord, increase our faith) and the sheet music can be downloaded from the Year of Faith Website at the following link:
http://www.annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en/annus-fidei/inno-musicale.html

 

Others
Official site of the Holy See, Vatican.

No comments:

Post a Comment